Saturday, November 12, 2011

Food: Yummy Bean Soup Tutorial

Even though I have been kinda MIA for a while, I hadn't forgot about all you wonderful readers. I've been taking pics for tutorials, just hadn't had the time to put them up. So today may kinda be tutorial overload day. Thanks for hanging around and supporting me even with my absence.

My Mother-in-Law introduced me to this soup, and honestly, at first I thought it would be disgusting. However I was bad wrong. It is heavenly! Even my boys who are very picky-eaters will eat this soup. Years ago when I asked her the name of the soup, she didn't remember what it was called, and I surely had no idea what to call it. So we came up with Yummy Bean Soup and that is what we have called it ever since.

This is tasty, super easy, and quick to fix as well. You are gonna love me for this one!

To make this soup you will need:

1 (15-oz.) can Cannellini Beans
3 (15-oz.) cans Great Northern Beans
1 can crushed tomatoes. I usually get a large can. Not sure on the oz.
2 cans of Chicken Broth
1 large Onion
1 pkg Polish Sausage. I get the oval shaped pack and use it all.
1 Tablespoon of Butter

First get yourself a skillet, a deep cooker, knife, can opener, chopping board and a strainer (colander). Open up all your cans of beans and drain them in the colander. While they are draining, chop up your onions, put them in a skillet with a tablespoon of butter and saute them.
  Now dump your beans and chicken broth into your cooker and get it started warming. I usually set it on medium heat.
While my beans and broth are starting to warm I chop up my polish sausage. There is no wrong way to do this. Just chop it up into whatever size you like. Once the sausage is chopped, I dump it into the beans and broth. I also add the tomatoes, onions, and whatever butter is left in the skillet into the cooker.
Now just bring all your ingredients to a boil and stir. After it has started boiling, reduce the heat, cover, and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the beans are soft and everything is hot. That's it. It should look something like the photo below.
Go grab yourself a hunk of french bread to dip into the juice, and enjoy!

No comments: