Sunday, January 15, 2012

Slinkie our Long-Haired Silver Dapple Dachshund

Bailey, Dalton, and I decided to stop by the pet shop to see the puppies as we do from time to time. Dalton immediately spotted an itty bitty wienie dog with it's paw up against the cage just looking at us with these big eyes. He begged me to buy the pup, but I just couldn't invest that much money in yet another animal without talking to Michael about it. I text Michael at work and explain that Dalton is crying his eyes out wanting this puppy. He says when he gets home we will go look at it. I knew right then and there we would be coming home with the pup, and we did.
How could anyone resist this little darling?

Dalton wanted to name her Slinkie like the slinkie toy on Toy Story. I wasn't crazy about the name, but it was his pup that he cried all day for, so why not?
Turns out, she is worth every penny we spent. The most loving and loyal dog around. Granted she isn't the smartest dog we have, but she sure is the sweetest.
Dalton packs her around like a ragdoll 24/7 and she lets him.
If you are every looking for a dog that is good with kids, this is definitely the way to go.

I am sharing this post at Farm Girl Friday

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Well, getting his puppy did make him happy. I've always gotten my dogs from ARL.

Farmgirl Heidi said...

What a cutie. Makes me wanna go hug my furbabies. Dalton and Slinkie are a match made in heaven. My son and his pup Chocolate were inseparable too.

Unknown said...

Ah.... sweet..see, all those tears were worth it!!! they look very happy together! good job mom and dad!