Crowbar was starting to make a real mess in the dog cage everyday. Every afternoon I would have to take the cage apart and clean the entire thing out. So I ask Michael how we could rig up my brother's goat taxi for him/her a temp home. I have no idea if he is a she or she is a he. Anyway, we had a few feet of chicken wire left over from our lot. Michael cut it into 1/4s and we wrapped it around the bottom of the chain link fence on the goat taxi.
If you look close at the back fence, on the bottom half is chicken wire. Sophie was trying her best to figure out a way in there.
The waterer we made works perfectly inside the taxi because the ground is level. If you look close you can see it is about 1/2 full of water.
The last thing we did was clean out the dog taxi, take off the door, and fill it with wood chips, just in case the little fella wanted to go in there.
Oh, and we left a tarp folded over the top to give some shade.
Now Crowbar has a home where he/she can get on the ground and scratch around and I don't have to clean it every day. I sure hope this works! I'll let ya know.