Sunday, June 12, 2011

Family: Afternoon with the In-Laws

This afternoon, the boys and I went with Michael to visit his parents. It is about a 45 minute drive from our house to theirs. As a result of high gas prices, we don't get to visit them as often as we do my parents who live a minute or so away. I hate it for Michael, but we just can't afford it.

On our way we stopped by JCPenney to return Michael and Bais shoes that we had ordered online. Both pairs were the size they always buy, but both pairs were too small. It was certainly odd. We wondered if Nike changed their sizing or something?

Of course I had to stop by the baby section and look for something for my three week old great-niece, Kylee Faith. I ended up leaving with these:
They had another that was dark grey with red and white writing that said "MY AUNT ROCKS". It was adorable too, but more for a boy.

While we were in the store, the power went out. FIL said it came a really bad storm at their house, about 15 minutes away. There were a few drops of rain where we were, but nothing to cause the power to go out. Must have been the wind or the storms on down the road.

My sister works pretty close to the ILs and she said it did come a horrible storm. Apparently there was a cloud burst.

"A cloudburst is an extreme amount of precipitation, sometimes with hail and thunder, which normally lasts no longer than a few minutes but is capable of creating flood conditions." -Wikipedia

We did eventually make it to their house and ended up visiting for over 5 hours.

Michael, Bai, and Michael's brother Scott.
We left around 10:30 PM and about 1/2 way home we had to stop for gas. I saw two grown men put $2.00 worth of gas in a 4 wheeler, strap a BIG thing of beer on the back, and ride off into the night. I told hubby.. only in Kentucky.
 
Sorry about the quality of the pics, they are from my cell.

No comments: