Monday, December 26, 2011

Old Fashion Tacked Denim Quilt


I've been working for several months on a quilt for my Dad. He has told me many times that when he was a boy he loved his denim quilts. So, I decided to make him one and give it to him as a Christmas present.

I managed to finish the quilt in time, it didn't cost me a single cent, and he loved it!

I used recycled denim {from every closet in my extended family} and backed it with a flannel sheet that my sister gave me. It really didn't need batting as it was very heavy. Eight pounds! I already had the thread to tack it with as well. I made sure to use a sheet big enough to fold over for the binding because it is just easier for me to do it that way.

How'd it turn out?


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your quilt is beautiful! What a thoughtful gift with so much love put into it! I"m sure your dad will cherish for many years to come.

Dollwood Farms said...

Wow, I love it and what a good idea. I made a quilt for my mom this Christmas too. :)

Unknown said...

Just amazing! That's how it turned out! Way to up cycle girl!!!

Alana Jo said...

Thanks everyone.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Very nice, a truly thoughtful gift.